Prince Michel Vineyard and Winery/Tap 29 Brewery is hiring!
COOK – PART TIME
Thursday – Sunday
Max of 28 hours per week
Please send all resume and inquiries to Mike Haney at .
* Prepare food as outlined on the menu plan.
* Assist with menu planning; review and adjust menus with supervisor to accommodate foods
in season, vendor sale prices, special events and holidays.
* Identify food and supplies needed for the next week & menus and report to the supervisor.
* Maintain a written inventory of dry goods, refrigerated and frozen foods, non-food supplies.
* Prepare meats for storage and portion control upon delivery; ensure proper storage of all
delivered foods and ingredients.
* Maintain a clean, orderly and safe kitchen environment.
* Ensure proper handling, labeling and storage of food for infection control.
* Coordinate and participate in serving food.
* Monitor portion control to minimize waste.
* Ensure attractive presentation before serving.
* Notify Supervisor of malfunction of equipment or appliances.
* Carry out other duties as assigned by supervisor.
* Report on-the-job injuries to the supervisor before the end of the work shift on the day the
* Practice safety in working with and around kitchen equipment.
* Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with coworkers. Promote teamwork
* Adhere to state food-handling and kitchen regulations
* Operation of kitchen appliances (dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, ice machine,
food processor, meat slicer, mixer, etc.) and office equipment (photocopier, telephone,
* Lifting, pushing or pulling up to 30 lbs., using proper body mechanics or available equipment.
* Bending or kneeling to perform cleaning tasks in the kitchen and dining areas.
* Commercial, Domestic or Deli experience preferred.
* Certificate in food-preparation training preferred
* Supervisory experience preferred
* High school diploma or GED required, with reading, comprehension and writing ability at a
12th-grade level or higher
* Employees will not work under the influence of mood-altering or illegal drugs or alcohol.
* Neat appearance, adherence to the dress code and good personal hygiene are expected.